Catholic Worker House Needs (updated 19 November 2021)
Clothing, blankets and more are needed at Des Moines Catholic Worker House.
Donating a blanket could save a life!
Des Moines Catholic Worker House relies on your generous donations to serve our community. Hoodies, winter coats, socks,
bar soap, and toilet paper are in highest demand, but everything on the list below is needed.
Clothing and gear:
- Hoodies/jackets and coats/pants/t-shirts/underwear/gloves/caps/women’s leggings/winter boots
- Blankets/sleeping bags
Hygiene (large and small size):
- Bar soap/bath gel/shampoo/conditioner/deodorant/razors/foot powder/toilet paper
- Ground coffee (large containers)/Spam and canned or frozen meats/ juice/popcorn/oranges/milk/butter/Velveeta/pasta
- Antacid (Tums)/calcium supplements
- Leftovers from weddings, funerals, and other social gatherings
- To-go containers
Please deliver directly to CW House: Go to back door of Dingman House, 1310 7th St. (Alley off Indiana Ave., one block north of University Ave. Open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, 3:00-6:30 p.m.; Saturday, noon-2:00 p.m.; or call ahead.)
Also needed: Fully vaccinated volunteers. If interested or for more information, contact:
Frank Cordaro, email@example.com; 515-490-2490
Austin Cook, firstname.lastname@example.org; 515-971-8721
Send monetary contributions to Des Moines Catholic Worker, P.O. Box 4551, Des Moines, 50305.
Or make a direct donation at https://paypal.me/dmcatholicworker?locale.x=en_US
We are thankful for your partnership in serving the poor. We are our best when we work together.