Refrain: In Ramah is heard the sound of moaning, of bitter weeping!
Rachel mourns her children. She refuses to be consoled because her children are no more.
• Scientists say the homes of billions are on track to become uninhabitable as the earth temperature continues to rise.
• Water levels on the Mississippi River are nearing historic lows, triggering a drinking water emergency in Louisiana as salty ocean water flows upstream.
• A ten-year-old boy fights his seventh Covid -19 infection. He also has long-haul Covid.
• Nearly half of flowering plant species face the threat of extinction.
• UN report finds 165 million were pushed into poverty over the past 3 years.
• 2023 migrant deaths spike in El Paso Sector.
• Risk of nuclear weapon use higher than at any time since the Cold War, Disarmament Affairs Chief warns Security Council.
• Across the world, 6,933,583 people have died so far from the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak as of Nov 1, 2023. Over 1 million deaths from COVID-19 in US.
• Almost half of the tap water in the US is contaminated with “forever chemicals” according to a new study from the US Geological Survey.
• The risk of simultaneous crop failures are occurring in multiple regions across the globe, driven by climate change, a catastrophe that poses an underestimated threat to the global food supply.
• Clouds now contain plastic, risking contamination of “everything we eat and drink.”
• We remember our own personal illness and suffering, and the death of loved ones.